Information Technology Lead - RPCC
Job no: 493456
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Gonzales, LA
Categories: Information Technology
College: LCTCS (Domiciled at RPCC in Gonzales, LA)
Sub department: Information Technology
Type of Appointment: Full time - Regular
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for overseeing and directing daily tasks for college IT staff.
• Responsible for providing RPCC IT technical support.
• Responsible for installation and maintenance of user computers and servers on campus.
• Responsible for managing and maintaining desktop and server software.
• Responsible for managing VMWare virtual server environment.
• Work with LCTCS IT staff to provide support for networking equipment.
• Assist in the development of disaster recovery for the campus.
• Responsible for nightly back-ups.
• Responsible for Office365, including creating new email accounts and configuration of users.
• Serve as the Telecommunications administrator and coordinator.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education: Bachelor degree required (but can be substituted with an Associate's degree in a related field AND two years of related work experience).
• Supervisory Experience
• Desire two years of experience in network support.
• Experience with Microsoft Office365 desired.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong ability to understand, configure, and support complex IT environments.
• Knowledge of operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 2012, Windows 2016 Server).
• Knowledge of networking (routing and switching).
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
• Knowledge of general network security concepts.
• Ability to operate on a scheduled on-call basis.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
Application Deadline: August 20, 2022. Position will remain open until filled.
Application Instructions: Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter that addresses the outlined responsibilities, a resume, and the names and contact information for three professional/work-related references. *If selected, applicant will be asked to provide a certified copy of transcript.
In accordance with LCTCS Policy #6.036, a criminal history check will be conducted on all new hires. LCTCS participates in the federal E-Verify system for identification and employment eligibility purposes.
LCTCS is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity/equal access employer.
For more information about the Louisiana Community and Technical College System, visit www.lctcs.edu. LCTCS is in partnership with Louisiana Economic Development FastStart.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend