Department: Academic Affairs & Initiatives
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Adjunct
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attend and provide meaningful instruction for all class and clinical sessions during the semester. Be punctual in class attendance and provide instruction for the complete class period. Make appropriate arrangements for necessary absences according to College policies.
• Evaluate present clinical facilities and meet with agency personnel to review objectives of clinical experience.
• Maintain accurate attendance, progress, and evaluation records in an acceptable grade book format and file these grade books (photocopies/print-outs) with the registrar at the end of each semester.
• Supervise students in the clinical area and assist students to develop critical thinking skills.
• Provide classroom instruction in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, College harassment policies, and/or other legal requirements.
• Keep minimum office hours.
Required Education: A Master’s degree in Nursing with competence as a practitioner in Mental Health.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
About Us (Click here to learn about Fletcher)
The Schriever, Houma, Thibodaux community is famous for its Cajun food and music, charter boat fishing, swamps, and dance halls. Also, it is well known for its birding trails, an exotic wildlife park, museums, Mardi Gras celebrations, medical facilities and more. The area is designated a retirement community and offers diversity and a rich culture. Residents take pride in their properties and that curb appeal adds to the richness of the community.
Fletcher Technical Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, this Educational Agency upholds the following policy: Fletcher Technical Community College campuses assure equal opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, religion, qualified disability, marital status, veteran’s status, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation in its hiring or employment practices or in admission to its programs, services, or activities, in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or in any aspect of its operations. Each campus welcomes handicapped individuals and has made buildings accessible to them. Faculty and staff demonstrate success in working with diverse populations and demonstrate experience in a variety of teaching methods.
Title IX Coordinator:
Angie Pellegrin, Executive Director of Title IX & Equity Initiatives
1407 Highway 311
Schriever, LA 70395
Campuses are located in Schriever, Houma and Thibodaux, 1 hour southwest of New Orleans.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 985-448-7901.