Adjunct Instructor - Practical Nursing
Job no: 492510
Work type: Faculty - Part Time
Location: SOWELA – Lake Charles
Categories: Allied Health, Academic Affairs, Nursing
Department: Academic Affairs
Sub department: School of Nursing & Allied Health
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Adjunct
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understands and adheres to all applicable Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) policies.
• Understands and adheres to policies and procedures contained in the SOWELA Technical Community College (STCC) Faculty Handbook.
• Understands and adheres to all laws pertaining to disclosure of student records.
• Understands and adheres to the professional scope, standards, codes, rules and regulations of Professional Governing Bodies:
o American Nurses Association
o Louisiana State Board of Practical Nurse Examiners (LSBPNE)
o Nurses Code of Ethics
• Teaching and Direct Instructional Activities
o Course/clinical materials are prepared using evidence-based resources (textbooks, instructional aids, online resources, and materials)
o Follow curriculum guidelines as approved by the LSBPNE
o Keep up to date with NCLEX changes
o Course/ clinical time organized to be accomplished in the allotted time
o Instruction provided to individual students and groups appropriate to the needs and requirements of activities being performed
o Attends class/clinical on time and if unable to attend; ensures alternate method of course delivery is available for students
o Able to deliver course content in a clear, concise manner that enhances student learning
o Demonstrates varied methods of course content delivery and use of instructional aids
o Provides adequate resources that enable students to successfully complete assignments
o Content expert in subject matter
o Promotes discussion among students as well as learning and individual initiative
o Provides constructive feedback in a timely manner on tests and assignments
o Provides fair grading of student course/clinical work
o Provides advisement services to assigned advisees
o Maintains individual student progress data and ensures this is a part of the student’s permanent record
o Uphold classroom and clinical policies
o Oversees students’ clinical practice
Ensures clinical site will allow students to gain clinical experience for course content and enhance clinical judgment
Orients self and student to clinical facility policies and procedures
Evaluates student performance in the clinical setting, using the coordinating guidelines for the evaluation tool
Participates in pre and post conference experiences
Assists with simulation lab check offs as scheduled
Instruct, supervise and evaluate students during labs and patient care
Evaluates student’s clinical paperwork
• Service to Students, Department, Division or College
o Submits reports and performs required record-keeping functions in a timely and dependable manner.
o Attends LSBPNE new instructor workshop.
• Must meet faculty qualifications through LSBPNE and clinical agencies
• Minimum of three years of nursing experience. At least one of these three years must have been as a medical-surgical hospital staff nurse providing direct patient care. Must have practiced as a nurse for a minimum of six full-time months during the three years immediately preceding application.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
• Must maintain a current, unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in Louisiana or one of the Compact Member States
• Must meet LSBPNE requirements and pay the required $25 fee to LSBPNE
• A Master’s degree is preferred
• Experience in labor and delivery as well as pediatrics is a plus
• Teaching experience is preferred
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend