Community Student Work Study Employee - Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana
Job no: 492466
Work type: Student/Intern
Location: SLCC – Lafayette
Categories: Student Affairs
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Financial Aid/ Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Student
Salary: $10.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee clerical tasks, such as sorting and sending mail
• Keeping an inventory of office supplies and ordering new materials as needed
• Maintain files as assigned
• Welcome visitors to your office
• Answer phone calls and take/ deliver messages as needed
• Assist with donor stewardship (thank you notes, deliveries, etc)
• Help with data entry for multiple departments as needed
• Help to ensure the office runs smoothly
• Assist with event preparation, supply purchasing, research projects, etc. as needed
• Occasionally deliver or pick up items from club sites if time-sensitive
• Assist all departments with the goal of becoming paperless
Required Education: This is an entry level position designed to assist a student in developing and strengthening skills related to employment. Student workers are required to be registered for at least six credits during the term of employment and to have and maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
Required Experience: Students who wish to participate in the student worker program must be enrolled in at least six credits at South Louisiana Community College during the semester of employment.
Additionally, students must be eligible to work in the United States and successfully submit all paperwork required by Human Resources.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend