Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Business, IT & Professional Studies
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Faculty 12 months
Salary: $41,908.13 - $56,052.85
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintaining an active classroom environment conducive to student learning and success
• Managing the classroom/laboratory, equipment, supplies and materials.
• Preparing and delivering instruction to students
• Developing, updating, and posting course syllabi in a timely manner
• Evaluating student performance fairly and consistently and returning student work promptly to promote maximum learning
• Maintaining accurate records of student progress and submitting final grade to the registrar’s office each semester according to established deadlines
• Utilizing technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, communicate with others and facilitate learning.
• Serving on college, divisional, and program committees as assigned
• Responding in a timely fashion to information requests from college, division, and program administrators
• Actively pursuing and participating in professional development activities to enhance skills in various modes of instruction and knowledge of learning
• Participating in the marketing, recruitment, and retention of students.
• Developing and maintaining professional relations with the industry through industry visits and advisory committee meetings.
• Assuming other duties as requested by the supervisor and the College.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
• Teaching responsibilities are typically performed in a classroom/lab environment with the employee frequently sitting, standing, walking, stooping, reaching, kneeling, crouching for extended periods of time.
• The employee frequently lifts and move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• The work is performed in campus buildings and outdoors where the employee is occasionally exposed to heat, cold, or inclement weather.
• The exposure to dirt, dust, grease, machinery with moving parts, chemicals, and fumes is possible in the laboratory environment.
A Bachelor’s degree with at least three (3) years of directly-related occupational experience and skill in the field to be taught,
An Associate’s Degree and four (4) years of occupational experience and skill in the field to be taught,
A relevant Certificate and five (5) years of occupational experience and skill in the field to be taught*
Seven (7) years’ work experience in the teaching field to be taught*
ASE Master Medium/Heavy Truck Technician Certification or the ability to certify within 12 months of employment.
*Must additionally demonstrate steady progress to attain an Associate’s Degree to be considered for continued employment. Steady progress is defined as successful completion of at least one college course per semester, including the summer, or nine credits per academic year.
Required Licenses or Certifications: Valid, unencumbered driver's license
• Teaching experience in post-secondary education is preferred.
• Current ASE Master Medium/Heavy Truck Technician Certification.
Passing pre-employment criminal background and drug screen are required as a condition of employment.