Casual - Chef's Apprentice (FY 22-23)
Title: Casual - Chef's Apprentice (FY 22-23)
Job no: 493064
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Hiring Range: $12.84
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Responsible for : Assisting with a variety of tasks not limited to but to include food preparation, receiving of deliveries, general sanitation, cash handling, and participation in the HACCP process of the retail operation.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 2 years experience.*
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Valid Driver's License
Ability to obtain certifications related to position, i.e. servsafe
Hiring Range: $12.84
Job Specific Task List:
- Receives any deliveries and puts the stock away, notifying the Director of Dining about any discrepancies and records temperatures on receiving log. Opens the kitchen and unlocks refrigerators and records temperatures on the temperature log. Sets up sanitation stations with proper green and red bucket. Assists with maintaining general sanitation in the retail operation to include ware washing both manually, mechanically, emptying of kitchen trash receptacles, and daily or weekly sanitation assignments. - (Standard)
- Reviews production sheets to determine type and quantity of food items to be prepared for the station that they are scheduled. Prepares and mixes ingredients according to the approved recipes using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment such as food processors, blenders, mixers, slicers, steamers, fryers, ovens and grills to prepare food items. Alerts Director of Dining Services to any items not in stock so a substitute can be provided. - (Standard)
- Assists with pre-preparation work such as defrosting items, slicing, cleaning, and portioning product per recipe. Assists with distribution of prepared items to various serving areas. Assists with completion of production records to include unused portions and shortages of product. - (Standard)
- Participates in monitoring of food quality, seasoning, and temperature. Records temperatures onto the temperature log for all items in the station that they are scheduled. Follow HACCP policy set by the Director of Dining Services. Maintains food production areas in a clean, sanitary, neat and orderly manner. - (Standard)
- Reports to Director of Dining Services any problems or needs concerning equipment, food supply, sanitation, or safety problems. Detects and reports spoiled or unattractive food or supplies. Cleans assigned areas following established cleaned - (Standard)
- May be responsible for cash handling procedures as set by the Director of Dining Services. - (Standard)
- Operates kitchen equipment to prepare food, under supervision. - (Essential)
- Cleans and maintains culinary equipment and physical space. - (Essential)
- Assists in record keeping and inventory management. - (Essential)
- Performs all other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Part-Time (less than 1,000 hours)
If part time, hours per week: up to 20
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend