Assistant Vice President, Facilities Management 112460
Job no: 494641
Work type: Staff Full-time
Location: Pensacola - Main Campus
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran employer. Any individual requiring special accommodation to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting UWF Human Resources at 1-850-474-2694 (voice) or 1-850-857-6158 (TTY). E-Verify is required for employment. All applications for employment at the University are subject to Florida public records law.
Please review job requirements carefully. Failure to submit all pieces of the application may result in disqualification. Applications are accepted on the University of West Florida career site: https://careers.uwf.edu. For assistance contact UWF Human Resources at 850-474-2694 or email@example.com.
Employment based visa sponsorship will NOT be considered for this position.
|Position Title (Classification Title):||Assistant Vice President 112460|
|Working Title:||Assistant Vice President, Facilities Management|
|Job Summary:||Oversees through subordinate managers a large, complex organization with multiple functional disciplines/occupations, or manages a program, regardless of size, that has a critical impact on the campus. Significant responsibility for formulating and administering policies and programs, managing significant human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a very high degree of autonomy. Frequently influences business decisions made by senior leadership. Oversees through subordinate managers the accountability and stewardship of campus resources and the development of systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Negotiates and influences others to understand and accept new concepts, practices, and approaches. Ensure that all purchasing including bids for services adhere to approved university and state guidelines for firm selection. Places high emphasis on customer service and develops methods to assess service levels throughout the university.
Responsible for addressing deferred maintenance issues and establishing plans for ongoing, routine maintenance.
Responsible for responding to emergencies that occur during and after standard business hours. Responsible for assessing the situation and communicating to VP and other members as needed. Responsible for working with FM teams to develop recovery plans and communicate such plans.
Experience in developing and managing a substantial budget in a university or other large organization. This includes the ability to create and evaluate analytical approaches and financial models for use in resource allocation.
|Minimum Qualifications:||Masters degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience; or a bachelors degree in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience.|
|Position Qualifications:||• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, project management, or related field, AND, five (5) or more years of progressively more responsible experience in physical plant maintenance, with three or more years of supervisory experience, OR; a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position.
• Construction management, architecture, engineering discipline principles, safety, environmental issues, facilities utility operations, building, and mechanical maintenance, infrastructure systems, and business and fund management.
• Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review, and evaluation; employee training and discipline.
• County, state, and federal laws, statutes, and ordinances related to infrastructure construction and maintenance activities.
• Principles and practices of building and grounds, journey-level and facilities management.
• Building codes (federal, state, and local)
• Computer applications related to the work
• Administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, program development, implementation, and evaluation; the management of employees through multiple levels of supervision.
• Principles and practices of accounting, budget development, and administration.
• Ability to understand building component dependencies, materials science physics, soil mechanics, construction CMP scheduling, and various construction delivery methods to ensure the selection of the appropriate application.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with college faculty, staff, administrators, and governing boards.
• Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others.
• Operational and strategic planning as well as substantial budget development.
• Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
• Developing effective work teams and motivating individuals to meet goals and objectives.
• Providing customer services in the most cost cost-effective manner.
• Interpreting, applying, and explaining complex federal, state, and local laws related to the areas of responsibility.
• Communicating ideas and information in a written and oral format to administrative staff, professional colleagues, and governing boards.
• Reading and interpreting maps, plans, diagrams, blueprints, and specifications.
• Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
• Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives, and activities.
|Preferred Qualifications||Master’s or Ph.D. degree in engineering, architecture, or a related field, and seven or more years of progressively.
LEED Accredited Professional through the United States Green Building Council in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design or a related professional organization.
|Essential Functions / Job Duties:||
|Special Requirements or Considerations of the Job:||
This position requires fingerprinting
This position requires a criminal background screen
This position requires a valid driver's license
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Work Hours||8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., M-F|
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||Candidates must apply online through the University of West Florida website: https://careers.uwf.edu. Applicants are required to attach a resume, cover letter and contact information for three references. An opportunity to upload these documents will be provided during the application process. For assistance, please contact Human Resources at 850-474-2694 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.|