Reference Librarian - E-resources/STEM Librarian 109130
Job no: 494530
Work type: Faculty Full-time
Location: Pensacola - Main Campus
Categories: Library Admin
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran employer. Any individual requiring special accommodation to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting UWF Human Resources at 1-850-474-2694 (voice) or 1-850-857-6158 (TTY). E-Verify is required for employment. All applications for employment at the University are subject to Florida public records law.
Please review job requirements carefully. Failure to submit all pieces of the application may result in disqualification. Applications are accepted on the University of West Florida career site: https://careers.uwf.edu. For assistance contact UWF Human Resources at 850-474-2694 or email@example.com.
Employment based visa sponsorship will be considered for this position.
|Position Title (Classification Title):||Reference Librarian - E-resources/STEM Librarian 109130|
|Working Title:||E-resources/STEM Librarian|
|Job Summary:||The University of West Florida Libraries in Pensacola, FL seeks an Assistant Librarian (position #109130) to be the E-resources/STEM Librarian and subject liaison for assigned disciplines including Chemistry, Physics, Math, Computer Science, Earth & Environmental Science, Engineering and Intelligent Systems & Design.
This learner-centered Reference librarian is responsible for:
- Providing reference and research assistance to library patrons through multiple modes of delivery, including scheduled shifts at the Reference Desk
- As the Reference liaison for assigned disciplines, including those in the Hal Marcus College of Science & Engineering, responsibilities will include:
+ Providing group and individual library instruction and/or Information Literacy instruction and activities
+ Serving as a subject specialist and faculty liaison
+ Providing individual research consultations
+ Creating and maintaining library user aids, tutorials, and research guides within assigned disciplines, as well as selected general areas
- Maintain records and statistical data about instruction and other reference service-related activities.
- Coordinating the library’s electronic resources and serials, including investigation, recommendation, negotiation, procurement, licensing, and management of resources, and serving as the principal library contact with electronic resources vendors and publisher
- Managing the electronic resources and serials budget, tracking expenditures and forecasting costs, and creating reports as necessary to keep the Collection Development Committee, library administration, and faculty updated on expenditures
- Work closely with the Technical Services department to maintain the Libraries' access to electronic resources, troubleshoot electronic resource access issues, maintain records and statistical data about electronic resources and serials.
- Selection, acquisition, management, weeding, and development of library materials, in all formats, for assigned subject areas
- Serving on statewide committees/subcommittees related to e-resources and serials acquisition and management
- Completing other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a collaborative and innovative environment; successfully communicate and collaborate with other departments; enthusiastically participate in projects involving new and emerging technologies; and possess excellent patron service, communication, writing, and organizational skills. Regular work schedule during the fall and spring academic sessions is Monday through Friday.
|Department||Univ Libraries Admin|
|Minimum Qualifications:||Master’s degree in library science, or the equivalent, from an ALA-accredited institution and appropriate experience as a professional librarian consistent with university guidelines.|
|Position Qualifications:||Master's degree from an accredited institution in library science and appropriate experience as a professional librarian consistent with university guidelines.|
|Preferred Qualifications||Experience in reference service and/or collection development
Background in science (e.g., Chemistry, Physics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering)
Experience with e-resource management; cataloging and maintaining access to resources using ExLibris Alma and making e-resources findable by and available to patrons in ExLibris Primo
Professional, academic library experience
Applicants are encouraged to communicate the ways in which their work and other experiences satisfy the required qualifications in ways that may not be obvious. The preferred qualifications are not required, and we are committed to helping our future colleague develop the preferred skills.
|Special Requirements or Considerations of the Job:||This position requires a criminal background screen|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Work Hours||M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm Occasional nights and weekends.|
|Closing/Preferred Response Date:||October 3, 2022|
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||Candidates must apply online through the University of West Florida website: https://careers.uwf.edu. Applicants are required to attach a cv, letter of interest and contact information for three references. An opportunity to upload these documents will be provided during the application process. For assistance, please contact Human Resources at 850-474-2694 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.|