LEIGHTON ASIA, established in 1975, is a leading international construction company, delivers a portfolio of high-profile infrastructure projects throughout Asia, operations specialize in civil engineering and infrastructure, rail, roads and tunnels, as well as building works.
We are a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s largest leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner. Our Group Principles are Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery. Safety is more than a Principle, it underpins everything we do.
As a leading construction provider, Leighton Asia is what it is today because of our people. Our people are the key asset driving the business. One of the Group’s highest priorities is to create a rewarding, challenging and safe workplace for all our people.
We invite high-calibre candidates to fill the following position in Singapore.
To establish a high level of environmental awareness through training, communication and weekly briefings in order to raise awareness.
- Assist with environmental briefing and training of all levels of employees on the project.
- Promote awareness of environmental infringement prevention and damage control to all levels of employees.
- Advise the Safety Manager/Project Team on: Preventing all environmental pollution. Further improvement in existing sound working methods to control pollution. Legal requirements affecting environmental, health and welfare. Provision and use of protective clothing and equipment. Potential environmental aspects & impact on new contracts before work starts and on the site safety organization. Methods of prevention environmental pollution arising from new developments.
To inspect staff environmental awareness and monitor for unsafe behaviour in order to ensure the number of environmental incidents are continuingly reduced.
- Carry out site surveys, in association with the project management team, to ensure regular environmental inspections of site activities are carried out and submit the relevant environmental control reports to the National Environment Agency.
- Determine the cause of any incident and recommend means of preventing recurrence.
To be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Company documentation system (ISO14001) in order to pass audits and generate weekly reports.
- Supervise the recording and analysis of information on infringements, damage and loss, assess incidents trends and review overall safety performances.
To provide feedback on new safety and Environmental work methods and assist the site teams with aspects & impacts in order to maintain a pollution free working environment.
- Provide feedback on new policies and procedures adopted.
- Keep up to date with recommended codes of practices and new environmental literature and circulate information applicable to each level of employee
- Degree in Bachelor Science / Environmental Control Officer Course
- 4 years safety experience in construction as ECO
- Must be registered with National Environmental Agency (NEA)
- ISO14001:2004 documentation experience
- OSHAS 18001:2007
- Valid registration with the National Environment Agency
- Operational experience in the application of environmental management principles in the construction related industry
- Fulfil training requirements of the National Environment Agency as the Registered Environmental Control Officer
Interested parties, please apply with full resume stating present and expected salary in your application. By submitting your personal data for recruitment purposes, Applicants understood and agreed that the Company may retain such personal data up to a period of two years for the recruitment of any suitable position within the Company.
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence. Applicants who are not invited for an interview within 8 weeks may consider their application unsuccessful for the applied post.
For more information about Leighton Asia, please visit our Leighton Company Website.