- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Engineering - Civil, General Construction
- Applications close
- Singapore Standard Time
LEIGHTON ASIA, established in 1975, is a leading international construction company, delivers a portfolio of high-profile infrastructure projects throughout Asia, operations specialize in civil engineering and infrastructure, rail, roads and tunnels, as well as building works.
We are a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s largest leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner. Our Group Principles are Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery. Safety is more than a Principle, it underpins everything we do.
As a leading construction provider, Leighton Asia is what it is today because of our people. Our people are the key asset driving the business. One of the Group’s highest priorities is to create a rewarding, challenging and safe workplace for all our people.
We invite high-calibre candidates to fill the following position in Singapore.
Construction planning & monitoring
- Provide inputs to supervisor and/or Planning Manager with respect to creation of the project management program
- Create overall construction plan based on the project management program shared by supervisor
- Guide subordinates in cascading the construction plan down to subsequent levels; Provide inputs on work sequence, equipment/manpower resource management, subcontracting needs, etc.; Review and approve section-level construction plans suggested by subordinates
- Analyse progress reports against section-level construction plans as shared by subordinates
- Create progress report against overall construction plan and share the same with supervisor on a periodic basis
- Take necessary action to correct any time/cost overruns and escalate to supervisor for any support required
Sub-contractor and supplier management
- Review and approve draft purchase orders prepared by subordinates; Guide subordinates in conducting negotiations with suppliers
- Monitor supplier performance on an on-going basis and take corrective action as and when required
- Guide subordinates in deciding on scope of work to be sub-contracted, outlining the scope and terms & conditions of work for sub-contractors
- Support subordinates in conducting tender interviews and commercial negotiations for high-value/critical sub-contracts
- Monitor progress of sub-contracted work on an ongoing basis; guide subordinate in taking corrective action in case of issues
- Report progress against construction plan to clients as per project guidelines; develop strong working relationships with key client representatives
- Build, maintain and leverage strong relationships with key individuals in major supplier/sub-contractor organisations to ensure smooth on-the-ground operations
- Interface with representatives of other contractors as required to ensure mutual cooperation and a beneficial working relationship
- Guide subordinates on responding to public complaints on inconvenience; Take corrective measures to address the same
- Set objective goals, evaluate performance of subordinates and provide them regular feedback
- Identify performance gaps in subordinates and provide necessary support to close such gaps
- Recognise and encourage high performing subordinates
- Train and mentor subordinates on technical as well as behavioural aspects of their respective roles
- Provide opportunities to the team to develop their capabilities
- Resolve issues faced by subordinates
- Demonstrate leadership to subordinates on an on-going basis
- Degree in Civil Engineering recognised by the PE Board
- Minimum 15 years of engineering experience and at least 10 years of experience in managing construction teams for project of similar scale and complexity.
- Construction management knowledge across construction projects in Singapore and across various infrastructure domains
- Possess strong leadership and communication skills
Interested parties, please apply with full resume stating present and expected salary in your application. By submitting your personal data for recruitment purposes, Applicants understood and agreed that the Company may retain such personal data up to a period of two years for the recruitment of any suitable position within the Company.
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence. Applicants who are not invited for an interview within 8 weeks may consider their application unsuccessful for the applied post.
For more information about Leighton Asia, please visit our Leighton Company Website.
How to apply
- Applications close
- Singapore Standard Time