Job no: 499401
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Corporate Functions / Administration
Reporting to: Manager
About Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech (www.tetratech.com) is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. We support government and commercial clients with innovative solutions focused on infrastructure and urban development, energy, transport, water, resource management and international development. With 20,000 associates worldwide, our capabilities span the entire project cycle.
About Tetra Tech International Development, Europe
Tetra Tech International Development Europe is part of Tetra Tech’s Global Development Services Division. Our teams deliver international development programmes and projects in the areas of governance, security and justice, economic growth and infrastructure for clients such as the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), the UN, the EU, EIB and other donors and funding agencies. We also have a strong independent in-house monitoring, evaluation and learning practice that measures the effectiveness of aid worldwide. We have corporate offices in the UK, Kenya, Nigeria, Turkey, Poland and the Netherlands.
How we work and our values
We are committed to maintaining business practices that honour and protect the dignity and integrity of everyone with whom the company conducts business, employs and serves. As a leading international development organisation we fully support continued progress and improvement within the development community to make development initiatives more effective. We are also committed to addressing various cross-cutting issues relevant to international development to ensure that all people can access and enjoy the benefits of our activities.
- We value our people: we support the development of our people, ensuring that the environments in which they work are fair, safe and flexible.
- We deliver quality results: we go the extra mile to deliver value for our clients, impact for beneficiaries and a fair financial return for the company to grow sustainably.
- We collaborate effectively: we work authentically with our clients, beneficiaries and partners and strive to communicate clearly and openly at all times.
- We encourage creativity and innovation: we encourage entrepreneurial thinking and provide the freedom, support and investment for new ideas and initiatives.
- We operate with integrity: we encourage entrepreneurial thinking and provide the freedom, support and investment for new ideas and initiatives.
About the role
The purpose of this position is to support the various activities relating to the project cycle, particularly through supporting the project teams in preparation of project bids and management of running projects to be delivered on time and on budget to meet project and client needs. You will work with clients such as the European Commission or the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office.
- Provide support on bids through assisting in the tracking and coordinating new business opportunities; searching for consultants/subcontractors, reviewing documents prepared by project teams,
- Composing teams including CV editing/tailoring, negotiating fee rates, checking references, conducting due diligence,
- Coordination of consultants’ work and logistics of international travel; contract preparation, reviewing reports, assisting with technical and financial project management,
- Supporting teams in any other project management activities.
- Already resides or is willing to relocate to Poland,
- Excellent communication skills in English (both oral and written); knowledge of Polish or French an advantage,
- Willingness to learn about development assistance programs,
- Ability to think logically and skills in problem identification and resolution,
- Good communication and collaboration skills, ability to work not only as a team member but also with limited supervision,
- Strong focus on delivery,
- Good knowledge of a Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel),
- Good commercial acumen and negotiation skills,
- Attention to detail, resourceful and problem solving orientated.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree
- Stable employment, with full-time job contract
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Working in an international environment where you can collaborate with global teams & clients
- Working in a friendly, dynamic, supportive and diverse environment
- Full onboarding with numerous internal training sessions
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter (in English), clearly outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role. The closing date will be 31st January 2022.
Advertised: W. Europe Standard Time
Applications close: W. Europe Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now