Job Title: Compliance Manager
Reporting to: Head of Risk and Compliance
Home office: Based in London, UK, flexible/hybrid working available
FT/PT: Full-time, Permanent
Travel (%): Up to 20% (dependent on project / country office requirements)
Level: Equivalent to Manager
Background to Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services worldwide. It supports government and commercial clients with innovative solutions focused on international development, infrastructure, urban development, energy, transport, water, and resource management. With 21,000 associates worldwide in over 120 countries, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project cycle.
As the name suggests, Tetra Tech International Development Europe is Tetra Tech’s European business unit focused on International Development. We are based in London with offices in Kenya, Poland, and the Netherlands and multiple project offices globally. We deliver international development programmes focused on economic growth, governance and justice/security, and infrastructure, for clients such as the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, the United Nations, the European Union, the European Investment Bank and other donors and funding agencies. We also have a strong in-house monitoring, evaluation and learning practice.
How we work and our values
We are committed to maintaining business practices that honour and protect the dignity and integrity of everyone with whom the company conducts business, employs, and serves. As a leading international development organisation, we fully support continued progress and improvement within the development community to make development initiatives more effective. We are also committed to addressing various cross-cutting issues relevant to international development to ensure that all people can access and enjoy the benefits of our activities.
- We value our people: we support the development of our people, ensuring that the environments in which they work are fair, safe, and flexible.
- We deliver quality results: we go the extra mile to deliver value for our clients, impact for beneficiaries, and a fair financial return for the company to grow sustainably.
- We collaborate effectively: we work authentically with our clients, beneficiaries, and partners and strive to communicate clearly and openly at all times.
- We encourage creativity and innovation: we encourage entrepreneurial thinking and provide the freedom, support, and investment for new ideas and initiatives.
- We operate with integrity: We will do the right thing, be honest, and keep to our commitments.
As a Compliance Manager you will help ensure that all our Tetra Tech projects and departments are compliant with internal and external policy, procedure, and protocols. A primary focus of this position will be to prepare Tetra Tech projects for internal and external audits, and identify areas of concern.
There may also be the opportunity to get involved in other areas of the team’s work and practice functions. Within the core responsibilities of the Compliance Manager, duties will include but not be limited to:
- Own and maintain the Corporate Document Control database to ensure that they adhere to legal and client contractual requirements (e.g., FCDO Terms and conditions) and that they are regularly reviewed.
- Ongoing process improvement including review of possible gaps and weaknesses in policies and procedures.
- Implement and maintain the audit process by conducting audits of Tetra Tech International Development Europe’s projects to ensure that they adhere to Tetra Tech’s policies and procedures.
- Chair the audit committee.
- Leading work on ISO9001 accreditation.
- Own and maintain the Due Diligence process to ensure that all partners meet the necessary requirements.
- Point of contact for all compliance related matters from clients and the business (e.g., FCDO audits).
- Supporting projects in preparation for client audits.
- Ensure the ethical compliance training programme is kept up to date, including appropriate introductory training for new employees.
- Monitor project compliance and report on the status of all compliance activities and to identify areas for improvement.
- Work with practice areas, support services and possibly external consultants to refine our “Approach to Project Management” (APM) including the development of methods, tools and techniques to enable effective and consistent project delivery across the business.
- Direct the implementation of the APM across the business.
- Chair the Project Management working group.
What are we looking for? / Key Competencies
- Previous experience of implementing quality management systems (development of policies and procedures and compliance guidelines) for a medium to large organisation.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Sound business and programme development skills.
- Excellent client (internal /external) relationship management skills.
- A team player, committed to supporting high quality international development assistance.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision (a self-starter and innovator).
- Willingness to travel and work abroad when needed, in developing countries and elsewhere.
- Postgraduate degree (desirable)
- ISO 9001 auditor (desirable)
- APM or Prince 2 (desirable)
Tetra Tech prides itself on being a workplace culture that advances equality, diversity and inclusion and ensure the workplace is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying, racism and hate speech of any form. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply for this role.
To apply: Please send a current CV and short cover letter to email@example.com.
No CVs will be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.