Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
- Leverage your people management background and take ownership of established sites in the Illawarra and Lithgow region
- Create and innovate through collaboration
- Build capability and develop an engaged and cohesive team
Reporting in to the Head of Operations for NSW Coal, this is a pivotal leadership role with overall accountability for the management of all frontline employees, including shift supervisors and train crew, being involved in the day-to-day operations of rail haulage activities.
You’ll be expected to manage a team of up to 6 direct reports and 70+ indirect, providing leadership and support in a collaborative and inclusive manner. You will foster a high performance culture through the development of an empowered and engaged team who work together to safely deliver the customer plan while building and maintaining effective customer relationships, promoting the Pacific National brand within the region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop a team of frontline people leaders with a focus on engagement and building capability
- Contribute as a key member of NSW Coal leadership team, supporting the delivery of strategic Pacific National objectives
- Innovate and implement efficiencies, drive strategic commercial objectives
- Develop strategic relationships across Pacific National, with customers and key industries
- Overall accountability for the execution of the operational customer plan and supporting the daily planning process
To be successful in this role you must have proven leadership experience preferably in a people management capacity within a complex operations environment.
In addition, ideal applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven track record in building high performing, customer-oriented teams
- Background in transport, logistics or related industries
- Demonstrated commitment to safety standards and procedures desirable
- High level communication skills, with specific focus on interpersonal capability
- Results-driven and customer-focused approach, with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Financial management skills and experience with sound commercial acumen, including the ability to interpret complex reports, budgets and other analytical data and to translate strategy into tactical plans
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 23 June 2019. Enquiries can be directed to Robyn Peters, Recruitment Business Partner, on +61 2 8484 8134.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.