Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
- Develop and drive the success of major capital infrastructure projects
- Evolve our project delivery capability and implement impactful change
Reporting to the Head of Project Delivery, this role has key accountability for ensuring their portfolio of major capital projects are executed safely, to plan within budget to achieve portfolio outcomes.
With a team of internal and external project managers, you will be expected to provide technical and thought leadership in an inclusive and collaborative manner, creating an environment that fosters a high-performing and engaged team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management and measurement of all aspects of Infrastructure capital project delivery, ensuring infrastructure is designed, constructed and commissioned safely, to plan and in alignment with project objectives
- Implementation of sound project management principles and disciplines and drive appropriate approaches for project delivery aligned based on the nature and requirements of the initiative.
- Development of a high-performance working environment through effective leadership, inspiring and motivating your team to live our values and deliver accordingly
- Management of internal and stakeholder expectations including the community, government and regulatory organisations
To succeed in this role, you will be a flexible and agile leader who possesses strong influential, negotiation and consultative skills to shape pragmatic outcomes.
You will have exceptional interpersonal skills that will enable you to build and maintain internal stakeholders and external vendors. Along with your highly organised skills, you will work on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines and oversee and drive the delivery of projects to successful completion.
In addition, you’ll be expected to demonstrate:
- Extensive project management experience
- Significant project planning skills to drive multiple projects and support, working
- Proven background in managing the execution of large and complex infrastructure projects
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline desirable
- PMP qualifications essential
- Background in transport, heavy industry, construction, engineering will be highly regarded
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 16 June 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.