Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
- Extend your skillset within a dynamic and growing business and industry
- Contribute to the implementation of an innovative and well-defined HSE strategy
- Build your profile and develop strategic partnerships
Reporting to the HSE Business Partner NSW/QLD, this position will act as an HSE subject matter expert, supporting and guiding key stakeholders in HSE best-practice, identifying risk and designing control mechanisms for people, environment and property.
Based at our Port Kembla site, you’ll be expected to actively coach and mentor across the site, supporting the implementation of HSE processes and systems and enabling effective management of risk within our business.
- Coaching and mentoring site operational teams to drive them to improve their own safety and environmental performance
- Monitor and review effectiveness of risk controls with in the business
- Delivery of the PN HSE strategy, initiatives and safety leadership development
- Complete and deliver Safety & Environment reporting
- Develop strategic partnerships with key stakeholder and drive a continuous improvement culture
As a qualified health, safety and environment professional, you will understand our business partnering model and the value of operating within this type of framework.
High-level communication ability is essential, with verbal, written and interpersonal skills integral to success in this role. Ideal applicants will need to demonstrate relationship management strengths as a collaborative team player with clear evidence of ability to build successful stakeholder relationships and influence without authority.
In addition, our ideal candidate will be expected to demonstrate:
- Proven experience in an HSE related role
- Background within large and complex organisation preferred
- Sound understanding of the principles of Health, Safety and Environment, preferably within rail, transport, logistics, heavy industry or similar background
- Tertiary qualification in HSE or a related discipline will be highly regarded
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 16 June 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.