Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
Reporting in to the Superintendent for Service Planning, the Freight Train Planner has key accountability to efficiently plan assets across the time horizon of 1 to 4 weeks. The role is to design efficient, effective and safe freight and supply chain solutions for customers, including solutions which result in improved business performance.
This a challenging, but pivotal position that has the potential to develop an existing career in transport, planning or scheduling for the right candidate.
This role is based at our Head Office in North Sydney.
*Please note that this role requires you to work weekends.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of train service plans, scheduling of critical assets and labour including access confirmation, maintaining and improving achievability
- Development of variation and changes required or solutions necessary to enable recovery to plan
- Responsible for service plan management which identifies conflicts, constraints, efficiency and effectiveness opportunities
- Contribution to the deployment of new and existing services with operations group to improve both business and customer performance
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll be expected to demonstrate strong analytical ability and a commitment to problem-solving, coupled with an innovative and creative thinking style.
High-level communication ability is essential, with verbal, written and interpersonal skills integral to success in this role. Ideal applicants will need to demonstrate relationship management strengths as a collaborative team player with clear evidence of your ability to build successful stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in rail, transport or heavy industry preferred
- Specialist or technical knowledge of transport, logistics planning and operations will be highly regarded
- Experience within large and complex organisation essential
- Demonstrated ability operating within dynamic and multi-faceted business operations advantageous
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or the work experience equivalent will be highly regarded
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 21 May 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.