Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
Reporting in to the Training Superintendent for Bulk NSW, the Training Specialist has key accountability for ensuring that all train crew within 5 Sydney depots, comply with Rail Safety standards and are competent to perform rail safety work. This role will take ownership of the coordination and administration of all technical based training, assessment, compliance, currency and records of Rail Safety Workers within the allocated portfolio of depots.
You’ll be expected to support respective Superintendents and Shift Supervisors at the following depots: Enfield, Clyde, Moss Vale, Nowra and Cootamundra, to ensure training requirements are met and legislative compliance is achieved.
Position can be based at either Enfield or Moss Vale.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading a team of 9 Driver Trainers to plan and prioritise the safe and compliant delivery of technical training
- Manage, develop and facilitate individual training plans to achieve the set business goals
- Develop, manage and support trainers and assessors to ensure reliable and consistent training and assessment outcomes
- Align training plans with customer needs and expectations
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll be expected to demonstrate strong communication skills, with verbal, written and interpersonal skills integral to success in this role. Ideal applicants will need to demonstrate relationship management strengths as a collaborative team player with clear evidence of the ability to build successful stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in rail, transport or heavy industry preferred
- Training, Compliance and/or Safety background is essential
- Current Cert IV in Training and Assessment or TAE is advantageous, but not essential
- Computer literacy is essential, demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office and other systems related to planning and compliance
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 21 July 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.