Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking a qualified casual locomotive driver to join our team at Junee.
Reporting to the Linehaul Supervisor, Locomotive Drivers are trained and qualified in mainline and branchline locomotive operations. Locomotive Drivers are required to prepare, manage and operate locomotives and trains safely in accordance with their level of competency, safe-working qualifications and established operational procedures, in order to meet customer and operational requirements.
Locomotive Drivers will be trained/up-skilled in safe and efficient locomotive operations and will develop relevant skills and experiences through competency-based assessments and on and off the job training.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with key internal stakeholders to achieve a 'Delivered In-Full, On-Time' (DIFOT) performance for the Pacific National group.
- Proactively working towards and supporting the achievement of safety goals.
- Provisioning and preparing locomotives for train operations including checking and testing control systems as well as preparing relevant compliance documentation.
- Performing and maintaining locomotive train operations in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- On-going commitment to company values of safety, customer, people and team work and performance.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a qualified locomotive driver with intermodal freight experience
- Display a high regard for safety
- Demonstrate a positive attitude working within a team environment
- Have a basic level of computer proficiency
- Have a strong customer focused approach to your work
- Have a passion for success and willingness to undertake ongoing training and development activities
- Hold a current motor vehicle licence
- Be available to work a 24/7 roster
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 27 May 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.