Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
- Permanent, North Sydney based role
- Develop remuneration strategy and drive HR analytics function for diverse business
- People leadership role critical to business success
Reporting into the Head of HR – Corporate, and leading a team of 2 specialists, the Remuneration and Analytics Manager will have accountability for Pacific National’s remuneration strategy and HR analytics. This includes the design and delivery of bonus and incentive schemes, ensuring alignment with corporate strategy and objectives as the business continues on its transformational journey. Partnering closely with the business and the broader HR team, this role will be responsible for driving strategic remuneration and data initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of specialists to deliver remuneration and HR data support for the business.
- Manage and improve remuneration policies and processes to ensure approach and strategy is aligned to business objectives.
- Design and coordinate the annual remuneration review process, analysing market data to propose appropriate reviews and ensuring adherence to budgets.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify HR reporting requirements across the business and create reporting that is accurate, timely and efficient.
- Provide actionable insights to business questions/challenges through the analysis of large, complex data sets.
- Build awareness of analytics solutions and best practices in order to expand data-driven business decisions.
- Establish a team culture of high performance, professionalism and continuous improvement that identifies opportunities and solutions to improve business outcomes.
- Educate and up skill the HR community in remuneration methodology and advise leadership groups as a subject matter expert.
You will have deep experience as a remuneration professional, with a track record of managing and designing remuneration strategy in a large and complex business. In addition, you will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Business acumen, critical thinking, attention to detail and mathematical aptitude.
- The ability to effectively engage and influence internal stakeholders to drive progressive change.
- Significant understanding of HR systems and data and the ability to design and build HR reporting and analysis to drive critical business decision making.
- The ability to cut through complexity and deliver results, particularly under ever changing circumstances.
- Prior people leadership experience.
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close at 5pm on 26th June, 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.