Chartwells provides bespoke fresh food solutions that are unique in the market across independent schools and universities. We are passionate about the role we play in supporting the physical and emotional wellbeing of students.
We are looking for a part time kitchenhand to join our team in Coogee.
You will have previous experience working in a fast paced commercial kitchen with excellent communication skills.
About the Role
- Thorough cleaning of the kitchen, including dishes and floors
- Food preparation assistance
- Stock rotation and stock control
- Adhere to health and safety procedures when caring out all tasks
- Operating a commercial dishwasher to a high standard
- Maintain cleanliness and provide a warm, friendly and welcoming style of service to our students
- Previous experience in a large, fast paced commercial kitchen
- Ability to work as part of team and unsupervised
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to obtain or have a valid Working with Children’s Check
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities for high performers. As a large organisation we often have opportunities for career advancement, as well as opportunities to move within the business. We offer competitive salaries, recognition programs including individual and team awards, long service and company event days and a variety of corporate discounts.
Compass Group is a world leader in catering and support services, employing over 600,000 people across 45 countries. Rated number one in our industry on Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies for 2020, Compass Group serves 5.5 billion meals each year to our 55,000 clients worldwide.