ESS delivers the best hospitality and catering services to many Government sites in Australia and around the world. Our leading edge catering systems mean that delivering a fantastic customer service experience is always our aim. We thrive on the challenge ….. and we get the job done safely!
We are currently looking for qualified and passionate Full-Time Cooks to join Compass Group the Australia's largest food company. Working in our Defence Sector preparing and cooking quality dishes safely at the Australian Defence Force Academy in ACT.
Offering a fantastic opportunity to join our motivated Team and further your career working in a company that serves globally in 45 countries, with more than 600,000 employees.
• Full time position with 76 hours fortnightly.
• Excellent on and off-the-job training.
• Free parking
• Free duty meals.
• No late night or split shifts.
• Advance duty roster.
• Uniform provided.
As such we require an individual with the following;
- Qualified Chef – Certificate III or above in Commercial Cookery
- Previous experience in a bulk cooking
- HACCP Food handling experience
- Attention to detail, exceptional food presentation and strong organisational skills
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Preparing buffet style bulk cooking for Breakfast and Lunch or Dinner and Desserts
- You will offer guidance and support to the kitchen team where needed
- Ensure all OH&S compliance is achieved
- Working on your own, unsupervised or within a team of other Chefs depending on the size of the kitchen
- Ensuring all catering controls are in place and wastage is kept to the minimum
- Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with our customers and/or client
- You may be working on your own, unsupervised or with a team of other Chefs depending on the shift.
- If you are looking for a challenging role and want to join a team that shares your commitment to quality, safety, teamwork and "can-do safely". Click apply now.
As you will understand, Government establishments need to be highly secure. This means that due to Government security clearance requirements the successful applicant must be an Australian Citizen and will be subject to an Australian Federal Police check.