Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time
- Trade & Services
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive salary and opportunities for career progression!
Aurizon is looking for a Signal Electrician to carry out the installation, maintenance and repair of all signalling equipment and report on the performance of the signalling asset to ensure safe and effective operation.
About the role:
- Install, maintain and repair signalling equipment and related components.
- Repair and adjust mechanical signalling equipment as required.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with technical and operational specification.
- Maintain all records and associated documentation relating to asset condition, maintenance programs and costing systems.
- Report on actual work performed against the scheduled work program and report any equipment performance and condition irregularities.
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and practices in pursuit of ensuring continuous quality improvement.
- 8-day fortnight with an on-call/night shift rotating roster.
- Some travel required for closures and maintenance tasks.
- Cert III Engineering (Electrical) or equivalent.
- Queensland Electrical Licence (Mandatory).
- Successful completion and maintenance of Cert IV Electrical (Rail Signalling) and Competent in Fault Rectification, Testing and Commissioning and Decommissioning of Signalling System.
- High level of skill in the repair, maintenance and overhaul of assets and associated components equipment.
- Substantial level of knowledge of functions, defects and fault finding with equipment associated with assets.
- Ample level of skill in interpreting technical instructions and drawings.
- Substantial level of knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and instructions including the Workplace Health and Safety Act.
- Sound level of both written and verbal communication skills.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now