Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time
Location: Kwinana, Perth
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive salary on offer
- Opportunity to make a difference in a Top 100 ASX listed company
- Organisational culture that proudly supports inclusion and diversity
- Modern, up-to-date working space in a safety focussed organisation
Aurizon is offering an exciting opportunity for a Leading Hand to join the well-established Project Management division within our Technical Services and Planning team in Perth to support the exciting growth within our Bulk business. You will lead by example and inspire the team to perform at their optimal level. As an ambassador of Aurizon, you will establish strong working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders and ensure all construction and maintenance works are executed safely.
About the role:
- Assist the Supervisor of Construction and Maintenance to effectively plan, organise, communication, and lead to ensure all activities are preformed safely
- Ensure all team output is effective and efficient and in line with enterprise standards
- Ensure operator servicing of all equipment is carried out to ensure maximum equipment availability
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Opportunity to work with timber and steel dual gauge assets
- Frequent travel required along the enterprise track from Geraldton to Esperance, usually working a 10-4 roster.
- ‘C’ Class Driver Licence and Heavy Rigid Driver Licence are mandatory
- Certificate 3 in Rail Infrastructure is preferred
- Other qualifications including a welding ticket are preferred
- Experience in rail industry and civil track construction is preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills for effective collaboration and stakeholder management
- Team player with the motivation to lead and develop Rail Infrastructure Workers
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers.
For more information on this position (reference 82272), please contact Marissa Whittington at email@example.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend