Engineering Leader - South
Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive remuneration offered
About the role:
- Develop schedules consistent with the operational demands, capital funding constraints and resources available for a designated Project.
- Plan and manage designated construction projects, including site preparations for materials, plant and staff, minimisation of impact to traffic operations and submissions for any plant needs.
- Manage the resource logistics involved in the construction project providing leadership in the phases of resourcing and evaluation of completed works.
- Ensure minimum disruption to operation and completion of projects within cost, quality and time parameters.
- Prepare, update and maintain medium to long term programs, monitoring and reporting on these for a Project as required.
- Provide a safe working environment in accordance with the Safety Management System and the Workplace Health and Safety Act.
- Manage compliance with the Management Systems in areas of safety, environment and quality assurance, while providing a focus on continual improvement.
- Provide engineering expertise and direction to the section in carrying out Project execution.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mandatory)
- RPEQ or ability to obtain (Preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of Infrastructure Construction and Maintenance standards and practices as used in a major rail organisation.
- High level of skill in the management and administration of Infrastructure Construction Capital Works Projects to achieve organisational goals in the provision of safe and quality assured construction services.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and motivational skills to lead a team in a commercial infrastructure construction environment.
- High level of skill in planning and programming the needs of major construction work whilst minimising operational impact.
- Substantial skills in planning, forecasting, and monitoring capital works and operational budgets.
- Knowledge of the enterprise's investment, project management and Corporate governance protocols
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now