This role, based in Hexham, will be key in delivering our new Safety Strategy, partnering with business and enhancing safety capability across the organisation.
The Coal Safety team are looking for an enthusiastic, relationship builder to support the Hunter Valley and South East Queensland Region. Reporting to the Principal Safety Partner this role partners with depot leadership to drive safety initiatives and supports the NSW & SEQ Operations in their goal of "I know Safe, I Choose Safe". Collaboration is key coupled with the ability to work in an autonomous environment and delivering with integrity. This role, based at Hexham, will require regular travel to our key operational sites in NSW & Brisbane.
About you: You are an experienced safety professional, able to influence at and across levels. You can have courageous conversations with frontline leaders, whilst being a trusted advisor to the Depot Leadership team and have proven success in working across a broad stakeholder group to deliver results.
Experience in the following industries would be highly regarded:
Heavy Vehicle/Mechanical/Mining/Electrical/Construction/Rail Industry exposure
- A minimum of 4 years plus experience as an safety professional with relevant safety qualifications
- A background in high risk industry and critical controls would be desirable.
- An independent expert on BU safety effectiveness that provides counsel to the operations on what is working well as well as emerging safety concerns within BU.
- Provide Safety leadership, expertise and coaching to the frontline leadership teams to uplift safety capability.
- Proven ability to influence and coach leaders at all levels
- Identify key business challenges /opportunities and collaborate with key corporate partners to design and deliver enterprise solutions.
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of risk, programs and processes using agreed measures and provide feedback for improvements to policy/process owners.
- Contributing to a high-performance culture through fostering Aurizon's values, meeting Aurizon's performance standards and championing culture change initiatives.
- You are flexible with how you work and understand that regular travel will be required within NSW and South East Queensland.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers