Location: Alice Springs
Remuneration/Benefit: Hourly range in accordance with the EA
- Make the move to start a new career!
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Join the Aurizon Alice Springs Depot
About the role:
Aurizon is currently seeking a Track Maintainer to join our team based in Alice Springs on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will carry out routine track maintenance of associated infrastructure in accordance with maintenance requirements.
The successful Track Maintainer will work on 11 days on, 3 days off, roster and may be required to attend occasional call outs and work overtime hours. Daily duties will include the use of manual hand tools and some use of heavy vehicle equipment if applicable. Training will be provided to the successful candidate however, meeting the following criteria would be advantageous.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Safety conscious.
- Hardworking, motivated, and reliable.
- A team player who can also work autonomously.
- Willing to undertake necessary training for the position.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Current C Driver's Licence with no restrictions.
Qualifications sought but not essential:
- Certificate II or III in Rail Infrastructure.
- Experience in Safe working and Track Protection.
- Backhoe ticket.
- HR/HC licence.
Ability to successfully pass pre-employment checks such as psychometric testing, driving history checks, reference checks and a CAT 1 Rail medical is a requirement for these roles. Please note these are not FIFO/DIDO positions.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers