Grain Storage Operator - Casual
Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Transport Operations & Logistics
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive Casual Rate on Offer
- Career Progression Opportunity with Australia’s Largest Rail Freight Operator
- Supportive Culture and Values Driven Environment
- Casual Employment Paying Great Hourly Rates
About the role:
The General Operator position is a key role in Aurizon’s Bulk NSW grain operations. Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will be responsible for providing operational maintenance support at our Hermidale facility
- Provide clear communication to truck drivers and other operational staff to ensure safe movement of vehicles on site.
- Load and unload trucks to relevant standards, making relevant adjustments and troubleshooting issues.
- Undertake tasks associated with the storage, movement and quality control of transported products.
- Operate fixed / mobile plant and equipment.
- Maintain frontline engagement with customers and site visitors by assisting with queries.
- Working with your small team to ensure you are providing a safe, responsive, efficient and customer focused environment.
- Understand and adhere to Aurizon safety policies and procedures.
- General site duties, assisting with bunker tarping, site housekeeping and minor maintenance.
- A safety champion that embraces Aurizon’s safety culture, I Know Safe, I Choose Safe.
- High level of interpersonal, numerical, written and verbal communication skills in an autonomous work environment.
- C Class driving license.
- Bobcat / Loader ticket (preferred).
- Ability to learn and problem solve.
To be successful in this role you will be able to carry out physical work in all-weather conditions, working 12hr shifts (7am – 7pm), Mon – Sun (job share available). All applicants will need to meet Aurizon’s medical standards, which includes a functional health assessment and successfully passing drug and alcohol screening.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities.
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator, annually transporting more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 88681), please contact Jason on 08 9212 2568
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now