Locomotive Driver - Dubbo
Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time
- Transport Operations & Logistics
- Work for Australia's Largest Rail Freight Operator
- $15,000 Sign On/Retention Payment
- Residential Position Based in Dubbo NSW - Grain Haulage
Aurizon is delighted to announce that we are now offering an attractive $15,000 sign on/retention payment when you secure a qualified driver role at our Dubbo Bulk NSW depot. This opportunity is open to qualified Locomotive Drivers that are new to Aurizon and would like to join a company that genuinely appreciates the efforts of its workers and is constantly looking at ways to make life at Aurizon an enjoyable and rewarding experience. Our employees are our biggest asset, and we are fully committed to working with you and your colleagues to achieve an inclusive and productive workforce.
About the role:
- Operation of locomotives including mainline, shunting and marshalling.
- Examine and certify trains as ready for departure.
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's safety and operational standards and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of on-time running.
- Prepare and conduct brake testing on locomotives.
- Provide high quality customer service to enable Aurizon to meet its set business objectives.
- Strong commitment to safety and Aurizon’s safety strategy “I Know Safe, I Choose Safe”.
- Must be available to work a 24/7 shift roster.
- Experience in NSW Safeworking System is advantageous.
- Extensive freight and/or heavy haulage locomotive driving experience.
- A Certificate IV in Rail Operations.
- Current unrestricted driver’s licence.
Successful candidates will need to provide evidence of the units of competence successfully attained from the TLI 42615 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations) or equivalent.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 88822), please contact Jason on 08 9212 2568
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend