Locomotive Driver – National Recruitment Campaign
LOCATION: WA & NSW
- City, Coastal or Rural Living on Offer
- $15,000 Sign On/Retention Payment
- Choose from a Large Range of Aurizon Bulk Depots in NSW and WA
Aurizon is delighted to announce that we are now offering an attractive $15,000 sign on/retention payment when you secure a qualified driver role with Australia's largest rail freight operator at any one of our nominated Bulk depots in WA & NSW.
This opportunity is open to qualified Locomotive Drivers that are new to Aurizon and would like to join a company that genuinely appreciates the efforts of its workers and is constantly looking at ways to make life at Aurizon an enjoyable and rewarding experience. Our employees are our biggest asset, and we are fully committed to working with you and your colleagues to achieve an inclusive and productive workforce.
Locations on offer: Albany, Avon, Broken Hill, Dubbo, Esperance, Gulgong, Gunnedah, Narngulu, Newcastle (Carrington), Kalgoorlie and Wagin
About the role:
- Operation of locomotives including mainline, shunting and marshalling.
- Examine and certify trains as ready for departure.
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's safety and operational standards and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of on-time running.
- Prepare and conduct brake testing on locomotives.
- Provide high quality customer service to enable Aurizon to meet its set business objectives.
- Strong commitment to safety and Aurizon’s safety strategy “I Know Safe, I Choose Safe”.
- Must be available to work a 24/7 shift roster.
- Experience in QLD, WA or NSW Safeworking System is advantageous.
- Extensive freight and/or heavy haulage locomotive driving experience.
- A Certificate IV in Rail Operations.
- Current unrestricted driver’s licence.
Successful candidates will need to provide evidence of the units of competence successfully attained from the TLI 42615 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations) or equivalent.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities - Drive your career with Aurizon as we grow
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone were you can bring your whole self to work. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Why you’ll love Aurizon
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and we are looking to grow! Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information regarding these opportunities (ref 677449) please contact Jason 08 9212 2568