Locomotive Driver - Kalgoorlie
Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time
- West Kalgoorlie
- Transport Operations & Logistics
Aurizon is currently seeking applications from Qualified Locomotive Drivers to be based out of the Kalgoorlie depot.
About the role:
Due to Aurizon securing a new bulk iron ore haulage contract, we are currently seeking qualified Locomotive Drivers who will be based at our Kalgoorlie depot. This role will be suited to an individual who is able to display superior teamwork skills, flexibility, a high level of safety awareness and customer service.
- Examine and certify trains as ready for departure.
- Operation of locomotives including mainline, shunting and marshalling.
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's safety and operational standards and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of on-time running.
- Prepare and conduct brake testing on locomotives.
- Provide high quality customer service to enable Aurizon to meet its set business objectives.
- Must be available to work 24/7 shift roster.
- Willing and able to work book-offs with regular overnight stays in Kalgoorlie.
- Experience in WA Safeworking System is advantageous.
- Extensive freight and/or heavy haulage locomotive driving experience.
- A certificate IV in Rail Operations.
- Current unrestricted Class C drivers licence.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
To learn about us and our company values, visit www.aurizon.com.au
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information regarding job 81277, contact Jason 08 9212 2568
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now