Regional Maintenance Leader
Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time
- Trade & Services
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive salary package to be negotiated
Great opportunity to join Australia’s largest rail freight operator in a maintenance leadership role
- Career Advancement Opportunity
- Perth Based Maintenance Leader Role
- Oversee Heavy Locomotive and Wagon Maintenance
About the role:
This role will be responsible for leading a team of tradespeople in the service & repair of locomotives and related equipment.
You will lead by championing a safe culture that promotes, creates and maintains a Zero Harm approach as well as delivering on maintenance objectives.
- Team leadership of tradespeople including Electricians, Fitters & Boilermakers to achieve business targets
- Manage and coordinate training activities for maintenance personnel and site improvements activities.
- Track rosters, on time performance & safety against benchmarks and standards of performance
- Manage and implement suggestions regarding operational changes and improvement initiatives which may be required to achieve increased productivity, efficiency, safety and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all operational activities are compliant with relevant industrial instruments, safety
management systems, company procedures, and legislative/statutory obligations
- Managing of minor projects and assisting, planning and scheduling personnel to achieve scheduled work.
- Requirement to support the recovery and derailment team.
- You will be a safety leader and champion a safety culture which promotes, creates and maintains a Zero Harm approach.
- You will have high level interpersonal skills & the ability to build and maintain relationships with direct reports, management and external stakeholders.
- High level operational knowledge of SAP & Microsoft programs.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Trade qualified or related discipline.
- Hold a certificate IV / Diploma in Frontline Management or equivalent (Preferred).
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 78704), please contact Jason on 08 9212 2568
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend