Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time
- Transport Operations & Logistics
Remuneration/Benefit: NSW Coal EBA Level 4
About the role:
- Operation of locomotives including mainline, shunting and yard operations.
- Apply 'best practice' train management techniques to ensure efficient and safe train operations.
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's safety and operational standards and procedures.
- Provide quality customer service.
- Contribute to ongoing performance improvement.
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's award and other industrial agreements relevant to the position of Locomotive Driver.
- Certificate IV in Rail Operations.
- Current unrestricted Class C drivers’ licence.
- A strong commitment to safety.
- Ability to work a 24/7 shift work roster including availability to work weekends.
Successful external candidates will be subject to safety critical testing and a category one rail medical during the recruitment process, along with providing evidence of the units of competence successfully attained from the TLI 42615 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations)
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 79053), please contact Leah Boardman on 02 6934 6221
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend