Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time
- Callemondah, Rockhampton
- Health, Safety & Environment
Location: Negotiable Gladstone or Rockhampton
Remuneration: Attractive salary package
- An award-winning workplace for diversity and inclusion
- A welcoming team environment and flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities for development and coaching
About the role:
Aurizon are looking for an enthusiastic, relationship builder to join the People & Safety team. Partnering with senior leadership, you will drive transformation initiatives, develop new strategies and focus on tactical planning. Collaboration is key with this role as is a strong disposition of resilience, coupled with the ability to work in an autonomous environment and delivering with integrity.
- Facilitate and coach leaders to effectively lead and achieve safety related outcomes
- Partnering with leaders to implement transformation initiatives.
- Analyse available safety data, identify issues and partner with leaders to develop and implement solutions.
- Ensure safety related frameworks, tools and processes are understood, accessible and effective for leaders.
- Contributing to a high-performance culture through fostering Aurizon's values, meeting Aurizon's performance standards and championing culture change initiatives.
- Approximately 3-5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Relevant safety qualifications
- Sound knowledge of Work Health and Safety legislation, and related regulations, systems and processes
- Experience in managing and resolving complex and sensitive workplace issues
- Preferable experience in AS/NZS 4801 / ISO 45001
- Preferable experience in operational environment (e.g. rail, mining, maintenance)
- Proven ability to influence and coach leaders at all levels
- Current drivers’ licence - open
- Ability to be flexible and travel throughout Central Queensland sites
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information on this position (reference 84021), please contact Katie on (07) 49320179
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now