Locomotive Maintainer (Mechanical)
Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time
- Transport Operations & Logistics
Remuneration: Attractive salary package on offer
- Permanent full time opportunity
- 24/7 roster located in Sarina
- Development and support provided for the right candidate
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage Female and Indigenous Australian applicants to apply.
About the role:
As a Locomotive Maintainer II (Mechanical) you will perform maintenance and modification on rollingstock and any associated equipment according to operational standards.
This role will see you:
- Perform complex troubleshooting, fault rectification duties, repairs, modifications and preventative maintenance procedures on rollingstock, components and associated equipment to meet the
operational requirements of the specific location.
- Mentor and assist the development of apprentices and maintainers.
- Carry out duties in a safe manner in accordance with policies, regulations and procedures and the Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) Act.
- Utilise and input accurate data into information and Maintenance Management Systems.
- Assist with the implementation and development of quality improvement in the area to enhance customer service.
- Hold a mechanical/fitter qualification ( locomotive experience not essential )
- High level of skill in trouble shooting, fault rectification, minor repairs and the carrying out of preventative maintenance procedures
- Substantial skills in working in a collaborative work environment.
- Sound level of skills in oral, written and interpersonal communication.
- Be computer literate
Please note – this is not a FIFO position, only candidates willing to be based in the Mackay region should apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
To learn about us and our company values, visit www.aurizon.com.au
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information on this position (reference 11413), please contact Rebecca Montgomery on 07 4943 4230
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now