Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Temporary - Full Time
Remuneration: Attractive Salary to be negotiated
- Opportunity to make a difference as part of a Top 100 ASX listed organisation
- Opportunities for advancement
- Fixed Term, 12 months position
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
We are seeking and experienced Construction Manager to project manage the delivery of the wagon overhaul facility in Jilalan.
About the role:
- Ensure all construction activities under supervision comply with the relevant Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Legislation as well as the enterprise's Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Standards, Policies and Procedures
- Provide input to the design development, constructability and planning of related construction projects during the pre-execution phases
- Develop and implement the Construction Management Plan for each project, in accordance with the project scope as well as any the enterprise and/or legal (WHS) requirements i.e. Principal Contractor requirements, including the development and implementation of Safe Working Method Statements (SWMS), risk assessments etc.
- Identify, acquire (procure where necessary), integrate and manage the internal and/or external resources required to complete the project construction activities i.e. coordinate internal construction resources; and/or, develop scopes of work and assist with the procurement of contract construction packages
- Manage, monitor and control onsite construction activities through the use of: pre-start briefs; direct supervision; on-site inspections, audits etc. Ensure the construction work complies with the design and engineering specifications through the establishment of suitable quality assurance regime, including testing, commissioning and verification activities
- Ensure scope, time, cost and quality are monitored and reported upon in a timely manner in conjunction with both the project reporting and broader the enterprise reporting requirements
- As required, contribute to the planning and execution of Network Closures, in which construction activities are carried out
- Civil Building & Construction background (Mandatory)
- 10 years + construction experience, 5 years in a supervisory capacity (Mandatory)
- Construction Management Qualification (Preferred)
- Knowledge of rail infrastructure construction, maintenance and safety standards, operations and practices as used in the construction industry
- Strong skills in planning and programming major construction resources
- High level of interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills that build and sustain productive relationships and partnerships
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information on this position (reference 82708) please contact Jane Horley on 0427 067463
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now