Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time
- Transport Operations & Logistics
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Aurizon is currently seeking a Qualified Locomotive Driver to be based at our Hughenden depot. This role will be suited to an individual who is able to display superior teamwork skills, flexibility, a high level of safety awareness and customer service.
- Operation of locomotives including mainline, shunting and yard operations.
- Examine and certify trains as ready for departure
- Apply 'best practice' train management techniques to ensure efficient and safe train operations.
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's safety and operational standards and procedures
- Contribute to continuous performance improvement
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's award and other industrial agreements relevant to the position of Locomotive Driver
- Provide excellent customer service
- Certificate IV in Rail Operations
- Experience in QLD Safeworking Systems (preferred)
- Current unrestricted Class C drivers licence
- A strong commitment to safety
- Ability to work a 24/7 shift work roster including availability to work weekends
- Commitment to Aurizon values and a willingness to embrace a diverse work environment
Successful candidates will be subject to safety critical testing and a category one rail medical during the recruitment process, along with providing evidence of the units of competence successfully attained from the TLI 42615 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations).
Aurizon is a top-50 ASX-listed company and Australia's largest rail freight operator. Each day we transport coal, iron ore and other minerals as well as agricultural and general freight across the nation. We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and high performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee, be they male or female, blue collar or white collar, and allows them to build better careers as they help us build a better company.
Safety: Safety of ourselves and others is our number one priority. Safety is at the core of everything we do as we commit to ZEROHARM.
People: Diversity strengthens our capability. Our energy, courage and passion motivate us to create extraordinary outcomes.
Integrity: We are honest, fair and conduct business with the highest ethical standards. We are respectful in all of our dealings.
Customer: Customers are at the heart of our business. We consistently deliver what we promise.
Excellence: We create value through collaboration, and innovation. Our hallmarks are clear accountability, continuous improvement.
For more information regarding job reference (69019) please contact Jason on 08 9212 2568
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now