- Opportunity to be part of a Top 50 ASX listed organisation
- Excellent team culture
- Opportunities for progression
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
About the role:
The Aurizon Project Management Office (PMO) manages the capital projects portfolio of rail infrastructure centric projects spanning across the 2700km Central Queensland Coal Network.
This portfolio of greenfield and brownfield projects includes scope covering all railway disciplines including track/civil, structures, signalling/control systems, telecommunications and electrical network.
Working within the PMO and reporting to the Contract Administration Leader, this position forms part of the project management contracts team and is responsible for providing contract administration across a portfolio of projects supporting Project Managers in pursuit of best for project outcomes.
This position plays a pivotal role in ensuring all contracts under management are diligent managed, at the same time building strong win/win partnerships with vendors, suppliers and all internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate will get exposure to a fully integrated rail transportation business including a myriad of rail engineering and project management disciplines and opportunities for progression.
- Working collaboratively with Project Managers and Project Controls Specialists at handover stage to ensure new contracts are executed effectively
- Conduct full procurement of contract packages, leading to tender evaluation, analysis and presentation
- Attend start up meetings with contractors and Project Managers to ensure all contract administration requirements are in place
- Pre & Post Contract management
- Liaise closely with Project Control Specialists to integrate project programs
- Working with project managers to implement project setup and monitoring (within finance guidelines)
- Capital reporting and project related period end financial processes
- Project specific reporting and support to project teams.
- Qualification in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or Business (AIQS/RICS or equivalent, desired)
- Experience in a construction or heavy maintenance management environment preferred
- Previous experience or exposure to rail infrastructure is desirable.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Exposure to Primavera is an advantage
- Experience using SAP would be desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and work to deadlines
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Customer centric attitude with an ability to manage a range of stakeholders
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information on this position (reference 74835 ), please contact Satty on 07 30192121