Locomotive Driver - Fisherman Islands
Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time
- Fisherman Islands
- Transport Operations & Logistics
Location: Locomotive Driver Fisherman Islands
Remuneration: Award Rate
- Excellent Team Culture
- ASX top 100 Company
- Brisbane Location
- Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
About the role:
Due to increasing demand by our customers, we are currently seeking a Qualified Locomotive Driver who will be based at our Fisherman Islands depot. This role will be suited to an individual who is able to display superior teamwork skills, flexibility, a high level of safety awareness and customer service.
- Operation of locomotives including mainline, shunting and yard operations.
- Examine and certify trains as ready for departure
- Apply 'best practice' train management techniques to ensure efficient and safe train operations.
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's safety and operational standards and procedures
- Contribute to continuous performance improvement
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's award and other industrial agreements relevant to the position of Locomotive Driver
- Provide excellent customer service
- Experience in QLD Safeworking Systems desirable
- Certificate IV in Rail Operations
- Current unrestricted Class C drivers licence
- A strong commitment to safety
- Ability to work a 24/7 shift work roster including availability to work weekends
- Commitment to Aurizon values and a willingness to embrace a diverse work environment
Successful candidates will be subject to safety critical testing and a category one rail medical during the recruitment process, along with providing evidence of the units of competence successfully attained from the TLI 42615 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations).
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information on this position (50175), please contact Rebecca Montgomery on 07 4943 4230
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now