Regional Operations Leader
Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time
- Transport Operations & Logistics
Remuneration: Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Opportunity to drive change and make a difference as part of a Top 100 ASX listed organisation
- Excellent team culture
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
About the role:
The Regional Operations Leader will play a major role in the day to day running of Aurizon's rail operations. You will work collaboratively with colleagues and drive front-line leadership in order to enable the safe, reliable and cost-effective delivery of train services to our customers. This role will see you champion a safety and leadership culture which promotes, creates and maintains Zero Harm.
- Create streamlined and optimised service delivery to our customers
- Manage allocated yard and train crew operations and implement business improvement initiatives
- Provide active crewing levels to support the provision of rostering and scheduling services
- Ensure the allocated team has up to date training and level of competencies
- Setting and monitoring of performance standards and behavioural standards, building a high-performance team, and managing performance, disciplinary matters
- Run incident investigations and conduct detailed investigation reports
Promote optimum driving methodologies by conducting and reviewing regular downloads
- Previous line leadership experience in large scale logistics or heavy industrial organisation.
- Ability to work on a 24/ 7 roster encompassing nights, weekends and public holidays.
- Engaging and committed leader that demonstrates felt leadership.
- Be a positive forward thinker who sees the bigger picture and end goal.
- Results driven and goal orientated.
- Always striving to raise the standard and has a high expectation of the team.
Display accountability and autonomous leadership.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information on this position (reference 78662), please contact Rebecca Montgomery on 07 4943 4230
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now