Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time
- Transport Operations & Logistics
- Top 50 ASX listed organisations
- Australia’s largest rail freight operator
- Opportunity to coach and mentor future locomotive drivers
About the role:
This role will see you provide mentoring and coaching to Trainee Driver's and Locomotive Driver's within competency based frameworks in order to safely drive a train to meet business objectives.
- Motivating, instructing, mentoring, coaching and assessing drivers.
- Develop a supportive relationship with train drivers and supporting the training program objectives.
- Instruct and coach personnel in train management competencies, procedures and route competencies to high standards.
- Deliver and maintain training and assessment plans, required reports, learning documents, logbooks and check sheets.
- Perform fair assessments of personnel to high safety standards whilst utilising a range of upskilling methods to ensure competencies are maintained.
- Plan and organise competency and learning programs.
- Perform administrative duties including maintenance of required files and training records.
You are a natural teacher who has an encouraging and calm approach. You will be a self-starter who, possesses the ability to give constructive advice.
- A certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations)- mandatory
- Hold a valid 'C' class driver's licence- mandatory
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Ability to train and give clear instructions.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Great communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Good organisational skills.
Successful external candidates will be subject to safety critical testing and a category one rail medical during the recruitment process, along with providing evidence of the units of competence successfully attained from the TLI 42615 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations).
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
To learn about us and our company values, visit www.aurizon.com.au
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information on job reference 68174, please contact Jason on 08 9212 2568
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now