Remuneration: Attractive Remuneration Offered
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
About the role: An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Designer- Electrical to work in a team of design professionals (covering Signalling, Electrical and Telecommunications Design) to provide leadership and design expertise to support the design team in the delivery of quality engineering solutions in a fast-paced dynamic environment. This role will see you using specialist and detailed knowledge, produce engineering design outputs to support the engineering team or discipline in the delivery of infrastructure, project, maintenance or operational requirements.
- Provide electrical and electronic engineering design deliverables to achieve scope, quality and safety objectives against within allocated budgets and timeframe to deliver valuable commercial outcomes.
- Lead small project based team of designers to ensure delivery of effective and commercially valuable engineering solutions.
- Undertake site inspections and commissioning activities, as required, to determine and support design requirements.
- Participate in a team of design professionals to ensure delivery of effective and commercially valuable infrastructure design.
- Support the evaluation and integration of business improvements, technology and innovation to generate commercial outcomes.
- Ensure professional integrity and good business approach to engineering solutions delivered by the design team.
- Ensure consistent output of engineering deliverables and ensure compliance with safety, design standards, environmental, operational legislation, regulations and practices.
- Communicate with and provide advice to external providers on design documentation standards and the application of Computer aided design and drafting.
About you: You will be innovative in your approach to work and value forming solid working partnerships. Your high level of skill in the design of infrastructure will see you succeed in this role.
- Tertiary qualification or Advanced Diploma in Engineering or equivalent approved qualifications (Mandatory)
- 15 + years design experience – Signalling and Electrical (Preferred)
- High level of exposure to construction and maintenance of signalling electrical/electromechanical assets. (Preferred)
- High level of skill in the production of engineering design deliverables (Electrical and Electronic – Signalling, Power Systems, Telecommunications) (Mandatory)
- High level of skill in the application, understanding and adherence to design specifications and standards for infrastructure systems and networks.
- High level of skill in planning, estimating and undertaking professional work without direct supervision.
- High level of experience in the use of CAD systems and Information Control Systems.
- High level of time management, self-checking and personal ownership of design tasks.
- High level of skill in the design and checking of complex engineering design including a proven track record of resolving problems to improve overall performance.
- High level of interpersonal, written, consultation, communication and negotiation skills.
- High level of experience of working effectively within a team while maintaining responsibility and autonomy of personal deliverables.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information, please contact Katie on (07) 49320179