Freight Operator Level 2
Back to search results
- Trade & Services, Transport Operations & Logistics
- Work type
- Job no.
Freight Operator Level 2
Remuneration: As per EA
- Casual Role
- Additional training provided for the right candidates
- Multiple Positions
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
About the role:
Aurizon are looking for a self-motivated personal for entry level Freight Operator Roles based at the Callemondah Depot. We are ideally looking for someone who is available to work various shifts and has a willingness to learn.
- Working onsite to provide support with Radio communications to drivers with wagon movements other associated functions
- Operate Manual Vehicles
- Other duties as required in line with position specifications Provision, service, clean and perform lower level maintenance on rollingstock/locomotive
- Training will be provided for the right candidate
This is an entry level position; no previous experience is required however a strong safety focus is essential.
- Ability to work shift work (approx. 3-5shifts per week consisting of 5-10hr work days) Day, Night and Afternoon shifts apply
- Excellent team player
- Manual Drivers Licence - Mandatory
- Safety Focused
- Willingness to learn and based within the local area
Please note you will also need to successfully complete psychomotor testing and pass a medical and background checks.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance programs
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
To learn about us and our company values, visit www.aurizon.com.au
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information, please contact Emma Skillen on 0406 702 319
Apply now Refer a friend