Remuneration: Attractive Remuneration to be Negotiated
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
About the role: This role will see you use your developed problem-solving skills to lead a team of rostering officers to roster and allocate employees at various crew start locations throughout the region. You will be comfortable in networking at all levels of the business as you deliver objectives from the Senior Leadership Team to the depots.
- Coordinate the daily Service Planning, allocation of resources and provision of logistics services.
- Develop logistic solutions for rosters that support customers.
- Provide leadership and management of staff and manage operating budget.
- Accountable for a team which prepares all relevant rosters for crews in the most efficient and economical manner.
- Collaborate with management to identify opportunities and implement innovative rostering enhancements e.g. for job share, flexible hours, support of diversity etc
- Leading the team to comply with appropriate EA and legislative requirements.
This is not an exhaustive list of position responsibilities. Specific duties may vary over time.
About you: The successful applicant for this role will be excited about the challenge to solve complex problems by developing innovative rostering solutions. You will ideally have some experience with long term workforce/ labour planning and have knowledge of rostering principals.
- Driver’s Licence
- High level of leadership and communication skills to build and effectively manage teams.
- High level of skill in strategic planning, tactic formulation and system enhancement within a commercially focussed business environment.
- High level consultation, negotiation and customer service skills.
- Extensive knowledge of transport operations, Safety Management Systems, Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S), and quality systems.
- Substantial skill in operating in an autonomous manner.
- High level of understanding of EA conditions and interpretations
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information, please contact Katie on (07) 49320 179.