Back to search results
- Trade & Services
- Work type
- Permanent - Full Time
- Job no.
Remuneration: An attractive salary package
- Variable roster
- Excellent team culture
- Excellent training and development offered
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage Female and Indigenous Australian applicants to apply.
As a Trade Operator with Aurizon you will successfully carry out machine maintenance and operating tasks associated with Aurizon’s infrastructure works to achieve optimum reliability and operational performance. Based in Rockhampton this position provides great exposure into rail operations. Aurizon operates the most modern track maintenance machine fleet in Australia. Maintaining our machines is only part of your journey, as we also invest in your future by skilling you up to operate and drive these leading edge machines.
About the role:
- Carry out day to day operations and maintenance
- Must be able to work away from home extensively with a variable roster (generally 9 on & 5 off roster)
- Contribute to maximum machine availability by efficiently maintaining, servicing, repairing and performing approved modifications on any infrastructure mainline machinery
- Operate any of the 'on track' infrastructure machinery when qualified
- Communicate & report any maintenance requirements in a timely & effective manner
- Carry out work in accordance to Aurizon's Zero Harm and Workplace Health and Safety compliance
- Hold a Trade Qualification – Electrical
- Current Drivers Licence
- High level of skill in maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of plant and equipment
- Substantial knowledge of concepts and application of preventative maintenance to improve reliability and availability
- Sound level of interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to actively participate in an environment of teamwork, effective workplace and customer relationships
- Sound problem solving, analytical and quality improvement skills
Aurizon is a top-50 ASX-listed company and Australia’s largest rail freight operator. Each day we transport coal, iron ore and other minerals as well as agricultural and general freight across the nation. We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and high performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee, be they male or female, blue collar or white collar, and allows them to build better careers as they help us build a better company.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and ATSI mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Business needs)
- A diverse work environment that wins awards for gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity
Safety: Safety of ourselves and others is our number one priority. Safety is at the core of everything we do as we commit to ZEROHARM.
People: Diversity strengthens our capability. Our energy, courage and passion motivate us to create extraordinary outcomes.
Integrity: We are honest, fair and conduct business with the highest ethical standards. We are respectful in all of our dealings.
Customer: Customers are at the heart of our business. We consistently deliver what we promise.
Excellence: We create value through collaboration, and innovation. Our hallmarks are clear accountability, continuous improvement.
For more information, please contact Luke Ingham on 07 4943 4024
Apply now Refer a friend