Back to search results
- Transport Operations & Logistics
- Work type
- Permanent - Full Time
- Job no.
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead and champion a safety culture that promotes and maintains a safe approach in all aspects of the operation.
- Develop short to medium term maintenance & demand plans
- Ensure plans owned by division are scheduled and acquitted with 100% compliance
- Ensuring the conversion of the scheduled maintenance plan into an item level inventory demand plan.
- Partner with relevant teams to ensure governing rules, processes and systems are delivered and enacted in support of planned maintenance.
- Lead and partner with relevant stakeholders teams to achieve business objectives.
- Ensure daily communication across teams and external repair providers to ensure the existence of one maintenance plan and that all stakeholders schedule and work to the plan.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure long term maintenance plans meet strategic fleet objectives (this should include but is not limited to consideration of capacity).
- Ensure continuous improvement in availability and reliability of locomotive and wagon fleets.
- 5 years rail maintenance planning experience
- Tertiary qualifications or a trade
- Ability to direct and influence others to drive outcomes.
- Planning experience in scheduling and project management is preferred.
- Analytical and problem solving skills to optimise business processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport.
- Knowledge of demand forecasting tools including market, finance, manufacturing and supply chain.
- Ability to develop and work to key inventory performance metrics.
- Knowledge of inventory life cycle and absolute inventory.
- Understanding of the enterprise policies and procedures.
- IT skills in SAP and Microsoft suite of products.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information, please contact Stephanie Tyson on 0730191199
Apply now Refer a friend