- Opportunity to drive change and make a difference as part of a Top 50 ASX listed organisation
- Permanent position
- Excellent team culture
About the role:
Aurizon is currently looking to appoint a qualified locomotive driver based out of Toowoomba, on a permanent basis. We are seeking applications from committed and team orientated individuals to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Operation of locomotives including mainline, shunting and yard operations.
- Examine and certify trains as ready for departure
- Apply 'best practice' train management techniques to ensure efficient and safe train operations.
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's safety and operational standards and procedures
- Contribute to continuous performance improvement
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's award and other industrial agreements relevant to the position of Locomotive Driver
- Provide excellent customer service
- Experience in QLD Safeworking Systems
- Route knowledge of the Toowoomba region is highly desirable
- Certificate IV in Rail Operations
- Current unrestricted Class C drivers licence
- A strong commitment to safety
- Ability to work a 24/7 shift work roster including availability to work weekends
- Commitment to Aurizon values and a willingness to embrace a diverse work environment
Successful candidates will be subject to safety critical testing, criminal history check and a Category 1 rail medical during the recruitment process. Evidence of the units of competence successfully attained from the TLI 42615 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations) will also be required.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee, and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
* Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
* Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
* Access to an employee assistance program
* Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
* Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs) To learn about us and our company values, visit www.aurizon.com.au
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives. .
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information regarding this vacancy, contact Jason on 08 9212 2568.