Senior Engineer Signalling
Back to search results
- Work type
- Permanent - Full Time
- Job no.
Remuneration: Attractive salary package to be negotiated
- Opportunity to drive change and make a difference as part of a Top 100 ASX listed organisation
- Flexible work arrangements available
- Excellent team culture
- Exciting technology projects
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage Female and Indigenous Australian applicants to apply.
About the roles:
Based in Brisbane and reporting to the Engineering Leader Signalling, these roles will provide professional leadership and engineering expertise in railway signalling. The roles will be integral members of the Control Systems – Signalling team. Some features of the roles and working environment are highlighted below:
- Contemporary office environment in our brand-new, state-of-the-art, Fortitude Valley building, including excellent engineering test room facilities and best practice end-of-trip facilities;
- Exciting new technology projects including a trial of ETCS Level 2 technology in our Central Queensland Coal Network;
- Rolling program of Asset Renewals projects for our $6 billion Network;
- Contributing to our goal of a digital engineering environment, by providing engineers with applications and processes that help efficiently deliver a quality output;
We are seeking several new resources each with some of the following skills:
- Essential requirements for applying:
- Bachelor of Engineering (or an equivalent approved qualification) with clearly defined pathway to Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ) - Electrical qualification;
- Australian working rights;
- Important for applying: Signalling Engineering expertise in some of the following areas:
- Computer Based Interlocking design;
- Signalling circuit design;
- Track detection technologies;
- Power supply and surge protection technologies;
- Point Machine technologies;
- Level Crossing technologies;
- IT Networking technologies;
- Principles Testing;
- Product Type Approvals;
- Other skills that are of interest to these roles include:
- Technical document writing;
- Technical Project Coordination;
Aurizon is a top-50 ASX-listed company and Australia’s largest rail freight operator. Each day we transport coal, iron ore and other minerals as well as agricultural and general freight across the nation. We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and high performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee, be they male or female, blue collar or white collar, and allows them to build better careers as they help us build a better company.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands;
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster;
- Access to an employee assistance program;
- Access to female and ATSI mentoring programs;
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Business needs);
- A diverse work environment that wins awards for gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
Safety: Safety of ourselves and others is our number one priority. Safety is at the core of everything we do as we commit to ZEROHARM.
People: Diversity strengthens our capability. Our energy, courage and passion motivate us to create extraordinary outcomes.
Integrity: We are honest, fair and conduct business with the highest ethical standards. We are respectful in all of our dealings.
Customer: Customers are at the heart of our business. We consistently deliver what we promise.
Excellence: We create value through collaboration, and innovation. Our hallmarks are clear accountability, continuous improvement.
For more information regarding this vacancy, contact Stephanie Tyson on 07 3019 1199
Apply now Refer a friend