Mainline Locomotive Driver
Back to search results
- Transport Operations & Logistics
- Work type
- Permanent - Full Time
- Job no.
Location: Antiene (Muswellbrook)
Remuneration: Attractive salary package on offer in accordance with enterprise agreement
- Australia’s largest freight operator
- Great depot / team culture
- Top 50 ASX Listed Company
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
About the role:
We are seeking applications from committed and team orientated individuals for the role of Qualified Locomotive Driver to join our Antiene (Muswellbrook NSW) depot.
- Operation of locomotives including mainline, shunting and yard operations and operating the coal unloading facility.
- Apply 'best practice' train management techniques to ensure efficient and safe train operations.
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's safety and operational standards and procedures.
- Provide quality customer service.
- Contribute to ongoing performance improvement.
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's award and other industrial agreements relevant to the position of Locomotive Driver.
- Experience in NSW Safeworking Systems.
- Route knowledge of the Hunter Valley and Gunnedah regions is highly desirable.
- Certificate IV in Rail Operations.
- Current unrestricted Class C drivers licence.
- A strong commitment to safety.
- Ability to work a 24/7 shift work roster including availability to work weekends.
- Commitment to Aurizon values and a willingness to embrace a diverse work environment.
Successful external candidates will be subject to safety critical testing and a category one rail medical during the recruitment process, along with providing evidence of the units of competence successfully attained from the TLI 42615 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations)
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information, please contact Jason on 08 9212 2568
Apply now Refer a friend