Back to search results
- Work type
- Permanent - Full Time
- Job no.
- Opportunity within top 100 ASX listed company
- Full Time Permanent - Mackay
- Welcoming team and collaborative work environment
- Great career growth opportunities
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
About the role:
- An opportunity to join Aurizon’s Asset Management team responsible for 2670km of track and civil infrastructure on the $6B Central Queensland Coal Network.
- Reporting to the District Civil Engineer you will join a high performing team and lead engineering initiatives to improve infrastructure reliability and performance.
- Provide leadership and engineering advice for renewal activities, fault repair, emergency response and non-standard maintenance activities.
- Assist in scoping and management of a $200M annual asset renewals program including rail, sleepers, ballast, earthworks and structures.
- Understand and manage the relationship between civil infrastructure failures, operating practices, standards & maintenance strategies.
- Review asset performance and produce plans to monitor and maintain safe performance.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering and ability to obtain RPEQ.
- 3+ years experience in a Civil Engineering role (preferred)
- Ability to clearly communicate with individuals from all levels of the business.
- Ambition to develop and progress to Senior Engineer role.
- Demonstrates initiative and a thorough work ethic.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all teams.
Experience in prioritising and managing a diverse workload.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information, please contact Stephanie Tyson on 0730191199
Apply now Refer a friend