Rail Signalling Electrician
Back to search results
- Mackay, Moranbah
- Trade & Services
- Work type
- Permanent - Full Time
- Job no.
Remuneration: Attractive salary package
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage Female and Indigenous Australian applicants to apply.
- Opportunity to drive change and make a difference as part of a Top 50 ASX listed organisation
- Subsidised Housing available
- 8 on 6 off roster
About the role:
As a Signalling Electrician with Aurizon, you will carry out the installation, maintenance and repair of all signalling equipment and report on the performance of the signalling asset to ensure safe and effective operations. Eligible candidates must hold a Certificate IV in Rail Signalling.
- Perform installations and maintenance & repairs for signalling equipment and related components
- Repair and adjust mechanical signalling equipment as required
- Be able to interpret technical instructions and drawings
- Maintain records and associated documentation relating to asset condition, maintenance programs and costing systems
- Provide reports on work completions & equipment performance against work schedules
- Have sound knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and instructions including the Workplace health and safety act
- Identify areas for continuous improvement to systems and processes
The ideal candidate will possess the below qualifications:
- Hold a Cert IV in Rail Signalling (mandatory)
- Hold an Electrical Trade Qualification including a QLD Electrical Licence
- Hold a valid Open Class driver's licence
Aurizon is a top-50 ASX-listed company and Australia’s largest rail freight operator. Each day we transport coal, iron ore and other minerals as well as agricultural and general freight across the nation. We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and high performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee, be they male or female, blue collar or white collar, and allows them to build better careers as they help us build a better company.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and ATSI mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Business needs)
- A diverse work environment that wins awards for gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity
Safety: Safety of ourselves and others is our number one priority. Safety is at the core of everything we do as we commit to ZEROHARM.
People: Diversity strengthens our capability. Our energy, courage and passion motivate us to create extraordinary outcomes.
Integrity: We are honest, fair and conduct business with the highest ethical standards. We are respectful in all of our dealings.
Customer: Customers are at the heart of our business. We consistently deliver what we promise.
Excellence: We create value through collaboration, and innovation. Our hallmarks are clear accountability, continuous improvement.
For more information regarding this vacancy, contact Luke Ingham on 07 4943 4024
Apply now Refer a friend